Did You Know: Avocados
DID YOU KNOW?
Avocados have become an extremely popular food, especially from millenials. BUT is it really worth all the hype? Find out as we dive into some fun facts about avocados.
1. Avocado is actually a fruit. It is technically a single seeded berry. Avocados are the "fruit" from an avocado tree.
2. Avocados contain MORE potassium than one banana. It contains 975 mg of potassium where a medium banana only contains 487 mg.
3. Avocados contain a high amount of protein for a fruit! As much as 4 grams of protein per avocado.
4. Use them in baked goods! They are a great source of healthy fats that can be used in place of butter.
5. Avocados contain 20 different vitamins and minerals including vitamin E, C and K, folate, potassium and B vitamins
6. Avocados are high in fiber
7. They are high in monounsaturated fat which is protective against heart disease and contributes to brain health.
8. They contain antioxidants such as carotenoids, beneficial for eye health.
9. They give smoothies a thick and creamy taste
10. Avocados help absorb the nutrients from fat soluble vitamins found in vegetables. In other words they make a great salad topping!
Balance Cafe has numerous menu items that star avocados! Let us help you reap the benefits of this nutrient dense fruit!
Featuring NEW Breakfast Special "The Avocado Bagel"
Balance Menu Items with Avocado:
- Avo Wrangler Wrap with Chicken or Steak
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
- California Veggie Wrap
- Add avocado as a topping to any menu item!