Did You Know: Collagen
Collagen has become very popular within the last few years. And for good reason! Collagen peptides have many health promoting properties and can be used to supplement a healthy diet.
1. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body
2. Collagen is a building block for hair, skin, nails, joints, bones.
3. Collagen is not abundant in the diet which is why supplementation my be beneficial
4. Collagen has shown to be helpful in gut + digestive health
5. Collagen peptides mix easily in cold or hot beverages
6. Collagen can be used in baking
7. 10 g ( 1 scoop) contains 10g of collagen peptides and 9g protein
8. Collagen is bioavailable and can be absorbed into the body quickly
9. Most collagen is gluten free, dairy free and unflavored ( some supplements that include collagen may have added flavors).
10. Collagen supplements can come from beef or marine life
If you're interested in supplementing your healthy diet with collagen peptides I highly encourage you to do your own research and find a trusted brand.
The information provided on this website and blog are not to be intended to replace medical advice and should not be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition. Please consult a medical doctor or other health professional before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.